While not exhaustive, below is a list of resources available for non-legal help,:
- SafeHouse of the Desert – Safehouse of the Desert provides Emergency Shelter, Intervention and Outreach Services to Youth in Crisis servicing youth from ages 11-24 years of age. They can be reached via confidential communications at 1-844-204-0880.
- Shelter from the Storm – provides comprehensive services to victims of domestic violence.
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline – Telephone No.: 1-800-273-8255 and available for chat on their website – The Lifeline provides 24/7, free and confidential support for people in distress, prevention and crisis resources for you or your loved ones, and best practices for professionals.
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (“AFSP”) – AFSP raises awareness, funds scientific research and provides resources and aid to those affected by suicide.
- The Trevor Project – The Trevor Project is the leading national organization providing crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer & questioning (“LGBTQ”) young people under 25. Available 24/7 at the TrevorLifeline at 1-866-488-7386, via text at 678678, and through chat on their website.
- The Center – The Center is the cornerstone of our LGBTQ community in the Coachella Valley. You can check out The Center to meet and make connections, find support systems for youth and adult, and to take advantage of their many resources.
Please let us know if you are aware of additional community and national resources that you would like to see on here. In an effort to support our community, we want to make sure people know what is out there. Please send all resources to email@example.com and thank you.
If you require emergency services such police as assistance, please call 911.